Laser Vision Correction in New Jersey

The Laser Vision Correction Center of New Jersey is a premier facility specializing in all the latest vision correction procedures and technologies. Lasers have revolutionized the field of refractive eye surgery.

What Makes LASIK Surgery “Custom”?

Originally, LASIK surgeons used a patient’s eyeglass prescription to determine which areas of the cornea needed reshaping. However, to achieve a truly custom LASIK procedure, surgeons need a technologically advanced map of the surface of the cornea, as well as information on how well your lens and cornea refract light.

Customizing your LASIK procedure involves tailoring the surgery to address your specific vision needs – not basing the procedure on a generic eyeglass prescription. At the very forefront of custom LASIK technology is the iDesign system.

What Is the iDesign System?

The iDesign system uses wavefront aberrometry to generate an entirely custom map of your unique cornea. The iDesign system scans the cornea to provide information on both your “lower order aberrations” (which constitute 90% of your visual imperfections such as myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism) and your “higher order aberrations” (the remaining 10% of your visual imperfections that cause problems such as glare, halos and poor night vision). This enables your surgeon to treat the full spectrum of your specific visual imperfections.

Laser Vision Correction Technology: iDesign Advanced WaveScan Studio System

LASIK is a procedure that relies heavily on state-of-the-art technology and has come a long way since being approved by the FDA decades ago. Researchers and engineers have been working diligently to perfect the lasers that assist surgeons during LASIK surgery. Today, LASIK is safer, quicker, and more effective than ever. What do we have to thank? Technologies like the iDesign Advanced WaveScan Studio System.

At Laser Vision Correction Center of NJ, we make a point to keep up-to-date on the latest technology in our effort to provide our patients with the best visual outcomes possible. Custom LASIK surgery has become the world’s standard in laser vision correction surgery. This is why our experienced surgeons use the STAR S4 IR Excimer Laser System and the iDesign Advanced WaveScan Studio System.

Custom Lasik using Wavefront Guided Laser

This technology is also referred to as wavefront-guided LASIK. There are many different systems that allow for wavefront-guided LASIK, but iDesign is among the best. This is because the iDesign system gathers over 1,200 data points, which is far more than other wavefront systems. This makes iDesign 25 times more accurate than basing the procedure solely on the patient’s eyeglass prescription.

After your surgeon uses the iDesign technology to generate this detailed map, the data integrates into the STAR S4 IR Excimer Laser System – which is what actually reshapes the cornea. Since the STAR S4 laser is programmed with your unique corneal information, it knows exactly where and how to reshape the cornea for the best possible visual outcome.